23 Oct 2009

A week of LEARNING!




What are these pictures? Well... one is the Hebrew Alphabet... which I now know ALL of! I can read Hebrew fluently and it makes me super excited. I have really loved learning the language and about the Jewish culture through the course here with Mrs. Judy Goldman... she is a fantastic teacher! I have spent a lot of mindless moments in class when I'd write a love note to one of my girls... it's been a party. I'm so happy about what I've learned. =D

The other picture is of the Saint Savior's Church in the Christian Quarter of the Old City. Last night, a group of the other students and myself had the great privilege to go listen to our own Brother Whipple play a crazy-amazing 6-piece Mendelssohn Sonata Organ recital!! Each Sonata had multiple movements and was long, but super impressive. The cathedral reminds me of the Sistine Chapel because of the gorgeous vaulted-arch ceiling. What a blast.

We head off to Jordan on MONDAY! I can't wait. We'll all miss the Jerusalem Center for the few days we're gone, but this is going to be amazing. I am particularly excited for for Petra! This is going to be mind-blowing... not that I have any mind left to be blown after all the wonderful experiences I've had so far! ha ha Well, I love life. I hope all is well with you all. Shabbot Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment