4 Oct 2009

Can you hear the Bells?

Today was a blast! A highlight was going to the YMCA in West Jerusalem today at noon to ring the bells! Brother Whipple met a group of us there and we played music for all of Jerusalem to hear. I didn't realize that in order to play this 35-bell system, you had to be a pianist... so thank you BYU School of Music for forcing me to take that piano proficiency class lass year! I managed to play "God Speed the Right" all by my little self... even throwing in some harmonies in there. I was so proud! We all were laughing and taking pictures of each other. What a wonderful experience. Hooray for the Carillong bell tower of the YMCA!
Also, another highlight of this weekend has been General Conference. Though I miss just rolling out of bed and watching the T.V. with my brothers and parents... while eating a delicious breakfast... I didn't think anything could compare. My experience here is so wonderful. Perhaps I appreciate Conference even more when it isn't happening in my town. Well, I just love this experience so far.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment