2 Oct 2009

Okay! It's make-up time! This is my first Blog post ever. Hold your horses... or camels perhaps!

I've officially been a resident of the Jerusalem Center (locals call it the "Mormon University") on Mount Scopus in Israel for a whole month... as of October 2nd...today! This is truly an amazing study abroad. Emotions here are a funny thing though here. Every day is like an emotional rollercoaster... oh buddy it is fun! From walking where the Savior walked, to getting to know the locals, to realizing how stinkin' YOUNG America is, to just loving the people I'm here with, to studying till my brains feel like they evaporated from the heat of such heavy use! Ha ha And so much more too! I love being stretched... every day I'm a new person, it feels like. It makes me laugh to look back on who I was the day before and see such drastic changes to today's Kathryn.

The first photo I put up, is of Megan Richards and I on my balcony with the Old City of Jerusalem hiding behind my own personal pomegranate tree. I love this girl! We're both Salt-Lakers and her pop is my Orthodontist, but it took a study abroad half-way across the planet to get us chickas together! Well, as my theme seemes to be as of late, better sooner than later.

I love all my awesome friends and family back home in America. I wish I had time to write and call you all personally. But alas, they keep us out of trouble... that's for sure! Just know that you all have a part of my heart... And now, Jerusalem is already staking a claim on another part. =D

I'll probably keep messing with this new Blog-Beast over the next few days... so don't judge my skills to harshly yet!

I love life! May yours treat you fantasticlly today.
SHABBOT SHALOM!
❤/Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment