13 Nov 2009

HAPPY picture day!

As you can see, I've taken the liberty of putting up some 32 pictures because I am just having THE best time, and couldn't narrow it down which ones to choose. Images of: IN the Jordan River, pointing to the Copper Dead Sea Scrolls, my favorite Allens, Jewish men at the Kotel (western wall), a whole bunch of Molly & I at the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra Concert (with Kurt Masur and Nikoliaj Znaider!), the symbol of Israel (menorah), army boys, proof that Falafel is Israel's national snack, a sign about 'Danger, open pits' (translate how desired!), a dinosaur (lizard) I found for Sam, Angie & Kellie & at a En Gedi waterfall, the crazy school of Jewish girls on a field trip, my Hebrew Teacher Mrs. Goldsman, Passover Dinner J.C.-style, my little neighbor buddy, Church of All Nations, Mt. of Olives (i live here), Dome of the rock, my girls and me, my buddy Patrick & me on top of the 'High place', and lastly, Nathan & me in front of Petra 'Indiana Jones' style! Well, Enjoy!

































Blogging. Ah to blog. There's no time for it. So, I'll just leave you with a fact of life that made my life yesterday. Molly Davis and I went to go see the Israel Philharmonic orchestra with the Whipples, Neomi and her husband Gil, last night. Famous conductor Kurt Masur (now 82), and violinist phenomenon Nikolaij Znaider were performing and we HAD to go!

We had a ball. What can I say more? Slipping into 6th row (a huge upgrade from our row 29) seats, right smack in the center, at the begining of the concert was the best idea I've ever had... second to the one where we sneaked into the practically deserted backstage at intermission and met... the tall, the handsome, the TALENTED, Mr. Nikolaij Znaider! He said to us, "You're American". (Not a question, but a statement.) He was so gracious, it blew my mind! He signed our programs, and took a picture with us (and his priceless Kreisler Guineri violin)... and said as he put his arms around us "this is the best part of the concert"! ha ha The little flirt! But the effect was good. =P

Molly and I thought that our night couldn't get any better, but then Znaider told us that he had to go, because now he was going to play the last half of the concert IN the symphony! The whole night was Mendelssohn music, and it was all amazing. My favorite thing was watching Znaider move because he is truly such a wonderfully musical, and yet clean, violinist. I loved every second. The conductor Kurt Masur was so adorable. He's 82 years old... losing it physically, shakes, but mentally, he still has an amazing mind. He conducted the entire night WITHOUT MUSIC, and I didn't see him miss a cue. Wow.

Well, I really should do that H-word now, (homework! What were you thinking? =P) I love you all, and hereby dedicate this blog, to my awesesome brother James in the MTC. It's his first week there and by the sound of his e-mail he is rocking it... and it's rocking him in return! Ha ha It's hard work, but he can definitely cope! My thoughts and prayers are for all of you this week. Know I love you and hope that your happiness is great. Thanks for being so supportive, and a part of my life.

Love! Kathryn XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment